Thursday, January 29, 2009

From: Mayowa Williams Re: Tutoring position

this juicy little nugget of pseduo-employment found in my inbox yesterday (the second of such bogus responses to my carefully edited resume and email):



I am Mayowa Williams I am from Germany but resides in the United Kingdom, I have a Son His name is Sean is 13 years old. Whom will be coming for an holiday in the states he's in the high school,will be teaching him so the teaching per hour which should be $40.00/hr(which i have in mind) so get back to me with the total and also i want you to know that my client who is in US will be sending you my salary payment which i want you to know that the rest of the money will be used to get accommodation and any other arrangement for the lesson, so i want you to know that i will be sending you a check for the payment of the tutorial and the payment that you will sent to the Nanny to takecare of him while he's there for the lesson, The nanny will be the one to bring him to you whenever he's suppose to be with you and will also be the one to pick him up after every tutoring.The tutoring can take place at your residence or any nearest library around you. so as soon as you get the check cash you will deduct cost of tutoring of the lesson and send the remaining balance to the Guardian that will be taking care of my son Via western union.



Regarding this, kindly send your full information to receive the check so that payment can be able to made out on-time. So hope i can trust you that you will teach my son good academics and some moral respects so that they can be good to their self in the future, i hope i can count on you for the tutorial and the money to be sent to the Guardian. Thanks and waiting to read from you.Kindly get back to me with your full info so as to issue out the payment as soon as possible. Pls i get back to me asap and i don't want any delay at all.


1.YOUR CHARGE FOR AN HOUR....
2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR 2 WEEKS, 2TIMES A WEEK, AND 2HOURS EACH DAY
3.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS....
4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER...


Williams

Even if I hadn't just gotten a fake check for $3,600.00 in the mail less than a month ago, I am pretty sure I wouldn't be stupid enough to think this was a good idea. You send me a foreign check and then I have to wire money to someone else? Yeeeeahhhh... fat chance chuckleface. It's just pissing me off that these bozos have the verbal skills to write legitimate-sounding posts for teachers on Craigslist, forcing me to waste my time poring over yet another cover letter.

Anyways. Calling on all the birthday karma in the world tomorrow for my interview... I someone managed to buy very professional looking (size 2!) pants at Banana Republic today for $8. Yeah, 8 freakin bucks! The other pair was $45, but hey, I might end up returning them anyways. Besides, it was worth it after I spent an hour this morning trying on and discarding pants that were too big, eventually settling on a pair that were so wide they looked vaguely like pajamas.

Birthday karma + new pants + my naturally enthusiastic and highly intelligent personality MUST = ch ch ch CHANGES!

(Oh, also calling on Bowie power... SO need Bowie power)

No comments:

Post a Comment