This time I have a very good reason for abandoning this blog. I would say a trip to the hospital and two weeks of deathly illness is a pretty decent reason for letting a little thing like a blog go. But fear not! I will not let this blog go the way of all the rest. No, you will not languish in obscurity because I have given up on ever acquiring brilliant writing skills. This blog will live on, in small infamy, forever and ever, even though
I GOT A NEW JOB!
Do you know what this means? So many many things... but mostly it means I get another brief respite from wondering what I should be doing with my career, because until I realize this job is not it (which, my god, could it actually be?), I am able to rest in the peace of thinking that I may have actually found my calling this time. And maybe I have? I've been lucky to find something (and convince them I'm worth hiring over the other 900 applicants) that not only do I want to do, but I actually feel qualified to do. I am able to use my previous experience at SBJ's architectural firm, in conjunction with my graphic design skills, to do a job that I'm actually pretty sure I can do without feeling totally lost and underqualified. Which is no small feat. I have felt underqualified so much in the past few years that it's a wonder I haven't given up and gone back to serving sandwiches just so I don't have to deal with the constant nagging feeling of not being good enough to make it in this city. So we shall see if this one takes... I so hope it will, because among other things, the commute is really super.
In other news, apparently no one told my former co-leader that I quit my job. And I really just don't feel like having that conversation with her. It would figure that when I finally left a place with such communication problems no one would actually get the memo. I emailed the coordinator and I know she got it, so I think it's ok to feel like this is no longer my problem. So there.
So I might have a clue what to do with my life. Holy hell, could I? We shall see... we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment