Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things that are Good

Today was largely un-interesting. I say this because the highlight was my trip to Bagel House this morning, where, despite my best intentions to eat better, I had a giant chocolate/cream cheese muffin. But I made Doug eat at least three bites.

However, despite the uninteresting-ness of my day (mostly spent volunteering at the Museum of Modern Art and working on my quarterly taxes), I was in no particular mood, good or bad. And this is good because I have gotten really tired of being in a bad mood the past month. And also I realized that I am the only person who can help me not be in a bad mood, and this is both annoying and empowering. And means that I have to make having a good attitude my numero uno priority.

On the other hand, yesterday I was in a really good mood. Yesterday was a great day, and let me tell you why:

1. I went to work, and I got paid. (Payment for work is always a good thing.)
2. After work, I went to the movies with Doug, who always lets me hold his hand, whether we are in the movies or not. (Going to movies is a good thing. Going to movies with your red-headed boyfriend is better.)
3. On the way to the movie, I bought Smartfood popcorn and a six pack of beer, which I then expertly hid in my bag. (Smartfood is SO good. Beer is even better.)
4. On the way to the movie, I bought chicken fingers and fries from Chelsea Papaya, which I then expertly hid in my bag. (Chicken fingers and crinkly fries from Chelsea Papaya are possibly better than beer. Depends on what kind of beer it is.)
5. Slumdog Millionaire is a really good movie. (Despite my deep hatred for awards shows and all things awards-show related, those rich bastards in Hollywood were right- really really good movie.)
6. After the movie, I went home with aforementioned red-head AND.... ate cookies. (Cookies are also a good thing. Or 10 good things.)
7. Doug's apartment is always warm. (I am always cold, so this is probably the BEST thing on this list.)

So there you have it. It is almost Friday, and so far the run-down is thus:

Monday- kind of sucked
Tuesday- sucked less, actually didn't really suck, considering it consisted of eating curry products (god, I love things made with curry) at Bite with one of the very few former co-workers I still like (Kav you're cool), getting paid to browse cnn.com with a cool old guy, and a delightfully B.O.-free yoga class. Oh and then I drank a bunch of wine and feel asleep by 11. Sweeeet.
Wednesday- did not suck at all, culminated in cookies
Thursday- also did not suck at all, so I guess that counts as a good day

I see Friday being great. I am going to a Knicks game with Kevin where I'm sure I'll spend my last remaining non-rent money on horrifically overpriced beers, but I won't mind because the beauty of sporting events is that you are supposed to drink, and the more you drink, the less you care about how much money you are actually spending.

Hello, weekend! Forecast for Saturday and Sunday: productive and delicious, the high point being brunch. God I love brunch.


ps- Doug, do I need to use a code name for you in this blog? I figured it didn't matter that much since I think you're the only one who reads this (except when my sisters are bored in class) but if you want to remain nameless, I'll edit in something suave in place of your name, you just let me know honeymuffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment