I am quitting my job. Because of many other things in addition to the crazy man, and because I must get the hell out of Hollis before I get beat the hell up in Hollis. I hesitate to go into further details about why I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, DAMMIT!, mainly because I've spent the better part of the past two days (not to mention the past two weeks) complaining bitterly, and also because I'm pretty sure only two or three people might actually read this, and you are precisely the people I've already complained to, ad nauseum.
So, anyhow, this crazy man accosted me at a deserted bus stop in Cambria Heights the other night, first insisting that he was going to hang out with me to protect me, then claiming that thugs were going to beat me up because I'm 17, and then telling me he was in jail, all the while asking me where I was going and why in a really demanding and quite frightening voice, before he finally tried to nonchalantly touch my shoulder and I flailed my arms around a bit and told him to buzz off. So that is another reason I will not be returning to Jamaica, Cambria Heights, or Hollis. I just have to find a way to break the news to the people I work for. Oh, and figure out how to pay my rent.
Which stinks, because sadly, I did not receive any uplifting emails upon disembarking the plane, only a sense of vast relief that I would be returning to my own home, with a bed that does not fold up and a distinct lack of small children. Which, in itself, was pretty happy. But I was disappointed nonetheless, and spent the rest of the evening huddled amongst my sheets, trying to simultaneously stay warm and convince myself that my life was not going to shat.
So, still awaiting any signs that I am a marketable resource, convincing myself that the employers were just biding their time until all responses came in (none quite as fabulous as my own), and craving Orange Mango juice. It is too cold to go outside to the all night grocery and I have been in my pajamas (or some semblance of them) since 5:00.
Tomorrow will be a better day. It is Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment